The Business Development Manager is responsible for market penetration, product development, strategic relationship management and ensuring achievement of long term business objectives.
In general, the duties of the Position to be filled by the Business Development Manager shall encompass the following:
• Keep fully abreast with knowledge of the full range of the remittance market and the services being offered by the competition, which will enable prompt matching of their potential benefits with the current and perceived needs of existing and new strategic Partners
• Critically evaluate information from multiple sources and produce output of high quality to drive insights towards final analysis
• Determine, implement, and evaluate business metrics to meet ongoing understanding of business line, market, new trends and any other organizational or client information needs
• With the assistance of the Marketing team, provide client and product insights and analytics to help drive marketing strategies and increase the market share of the Company
• Ensure all research is designed and analysed in such a way that it is easily translated into usable insight by a non-technical audience
• Track, analyze, and evaluate business performance
• Work to integrate customer, market and competitor led insights into the overall strategic thinking of the business
• Establish a history of working with tools that monitor the performance of products in the marketplace and having the ability to understand information to help develop product positioning and market strategy
• Be accountable and responsible for delivering customer and operations analysis
• Plays a lead role in the preparation of annual strategic and business plans Work cross- functionally throughout the business to drive data led decision making
• Attend the Board Meetings to report on areas of responsibility or general Company performance, as the need arises
• Commit to change management and the development of others with the drive for continuous improvement
• Exhibit proven ability to work without authority in cross-functional teams, with internal clients and key stakeholders
• Be conversant with and well achieved in a practical proficiency of the “Know Your Customer” or “Customer Acquisition Due Diligence” requirement of the Anti-Money Laundering policies and according to legislations and/or regulations
• Be conversant with the Operating Directions for Remittance Companies Guidance Manual published by QuickRemit
• Visit the offices of international partners with a view to understanding the Send markets and collaborate with them to develop promotion strategies to increase the Company’s market share
• Provides Relief for the CEO
• Adhere to company and statutory policies, procedures and guidelines.
• 5 years of experience in a similar role and industry
• Graduate qualification from a recognized institution.
• Proven communication skills and knowledge of operational processes in International financial services.
• Conversant with technology especially online digital mediums.
• Ability to multi-task in a fast-paced environment
• Nigerian; familiar with financial remittance in the SSA corridor.